It starts with an exceptional team of dedicated professionals, our unique tagline to offer “more than just space” and our undoubtable “human approach” to what we do… Team KRP is growing!
Kanata North is an established hub for Ottawa’s high-tech community. This is where great talent works, lives and plays. Unlike many commercial real estate enterprises, we offer a range of career paths. Whether your skills revolve around leasing, construction and development, or property management, we may have the right opportunity for you.
KRP Properties offers employees a wide range of company perks, a comprehensive benefit plan and attractive compensation packages. We also encourage our employees to participate in personal and professional growth opportunities. Want to learn more about it? Check out our EMPLOYEE GUIDE.
If you want to be a part of Team KRP, and there is a current opportunity that matches your skills, send us your resume and tell us why. Interested applicants may apply by email of your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you to all those that apply, Human Resources will be in touch should your skills be a match.
KRP Properties is an equal employment employer and invites all candidates to apply and to self-identify the need for accommodation throughout the recruitment process. If you require this job posting in an accessible version please contact Human Resources email@example.com.
In-House Security Officer
This is an exciting opportunity for a dedicated and reliable individual seeking to join a team of In-House Security professionals as a member of the KRP Properties team.
We're looking for an enthusiastic Building Operator for the maintenance and day-to-day operations of a designated commercial real estate property or property portfolio.
Our team operates 24/7/365 and strives to offer a work schedule that provides a good work/life balance. Our compensation packages are competitive for the unique skill set of our team and we encourage our employees to participate in various development opportunities while striving towards professional goals.
As a full time employee with KRP Properties we offer employees a wide range of company perks, immediate enrollment in our comprehensive benefit plan, as well as immediate eligibility to participate in the company sponsored RRSP plan.
Related duties include but are not limited to:
As a Security Officer, reporting to the Security and Emergency Services Manager, you will contribute to protecting the assets, properties, employees and tenants of KRP Properties. Related duties include, but are not limited to:
- Building and maintaining positive relationships with tenants, contractors, visitors, patrons, and employees;
- Monitor CCTV systems, alarm systems and building management system and respond as require;
- Mobile patrol of properties to preserve the protection of KRP Properties assets
- Report and investigate occurrences of accidents/incidence, complaints, criminal activity, and crisis situations
- Act as a member of the Emergency Response Team, responding in cases of fire, flood, accident/incident, safety concerns and calls for medical assistance
- Respond to all after-hours building operations calls
- Correct and report any fire hazards or health and safety hazards
- Provide project management support
- Respond to all emergency situations and provide First Aid and C.P.R. as required
- Monitor parking areas associated with KRP Properties
- Answer alarms and investigate disturbances as reported through internal security systems and offsite 3rd party monitoring systems
- Conduct tenant key control, audits, and maintain key control records
- Liaise with KRP Properties Building Operators, Construction and Property Management team to ensure optimal effectiveness and efficiency throughout our properties
- Effective organizational and administrative skills for appropriate reporting
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
- 1-2 years security-related experience
- Facilities operations experience
- Secondary School (Required)
- Security Officer License (Required)
- Driver’s License (Required)
- English (Required) which French and/or other languages would be considered an asset.
The Building Operator will report to the Technical Operations Supervisor/Manager and will be responsible for the maintenance and day-to-day operations of a designated commercial real estate property or property portfolio.
- Liaise with Tenant contacts on a regular basis to establish and maintain a healthy working relationship;
- Respond to and complete, in a timely manner, all Tenant service requests;
- Responsible for the appearance of the property and safety and convenience of the tenants and clientele at all times;
- Responsible for the efficient, effective and successful control of equipment maintenance, building structures and property in accordance with approved practices, procedures, methods and financials;
- Liaise with contractors, assist in providing supervision of all trades servicing the building equipment/systems;
- Complete property inspections in accordance with the inspection frequency schedules;
- Maintain all appropriate logs and manuals as required;
- Conduct daily inspections of buildings, make recommendations and implement improvements in consultation with the Property Manager and Technical Operations Supervisor, of operational tasks and repairs that are required to the property;
- Collaborate to implement a pro-active preventative maintenance program for building equipment/systems to ensure that all systems are properly maintained, serviced in a pro-active manner and remain energy efficient;
- Coordinate the services when required of contractors to complete repairs and maintenance, including but not limited to HVAC systems, electrical, mechanical, lighting, plumbing, etc.;
- Familiar with various BAS systems, Angus Anywhere, and ability to review blueprints/drawing is considered an asset;
- Provide after-hours coverage of designated properties on a rotational basis with other building operators.
- Adhere to all Health and Safety policies and procedures while performing job duties.
- High School Diploma/College Degree preferred;
- Ideally a minimum of 3 to 5 years of related working experience;
- Possess a mechanical/technical aptitude with ability to use a variety of hand and electric tools;
- Ability to troubleshoot, multi-task, work under pressure and achieve quality results;
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills with the ability to work in a team environment, or independently with minimal supervision;
- Industry related designation(s) in BES and/or BOMI SMT/SMA preferred; and
- Valid Class G driver’s license;
- A Criminal Record Check will be a requirement of employment.