It starts with an exceptional team of dedicated professionals, our unique tagline to offer “more than just space” and our undoubtable “human approach” to what we do… Team KRP is growing!
Kanata North is an established hub for Ottawa’s high-tech community. This is where great talent works, lives and plays. Unlike many commercial real estate enterprises, we offer a range of career paths. Whether your skills revolve around leasing, construction and development, or property management, we may have the right opportunity for you.
KRP Properties offers employees a wide range of company perks, a comprehensive benefit plan and attractive compensation packages. We also encourage our employees to participate in personal and professional growth opportunities. Want to learn more about it? Check out our EMPLOYEE GUIDE.
If you want to be a part of Team KRP, and there is a current opportunity that matches your skills, send us your resume and tell us why. Interested applicants may apply by email of your resume to email@example.com. Thank you to all those that apply, Human Resources will be in touch should your skills be a match.
KRP Properties is an equal employment employer and invites all candidates to apply and to self-identify the need for accommodation throughout the recruitment process. If you require this job posting in an accessible version please contact Human Resources firstname.lastname@example.org.
Commercial Real Estate Lawyer
We're looking for an ambitious, business-oriented Commercial Real Estate Layer to join our legal team as a key adviser to Senior Management.
In-House Security Officer
This is an exciting opportunity for a dedicated and reliable individual seeking to join a team of In-House Security professionals as a member of the KRP Properties team.
We're looking for an enthusiastic Building Operator for the maintenance and day-to-day operations of a designated commercial real estate property or property portfolio.
The Commercial Real Estate Lawyer role will be a key advisor to Senior Management on commercial real estate, leasing and other legal matters across our growing portfolio. The ideal candidate must thrive in a fast-paced environment and be expected to operate autonomously, have exceptional organization and time management skills and assume a critical role in the tactical execution of an aggressive real estate growth strategy. The responsibilities of this position include;
- Provide sound judgment on business matters from both legal and business perspectives. Ability to apply solid business acumen and judgement to legal matters as they arise.
- Create value through the skillful and timely review, negotiation, drafting and closing of a wide range of real estate matters, including commercial leases, ground leases and ancillary documents, development agreements, loan documents, property management agreements, licensing agreements, construction contracts, property condition and environmental reports and title commitments, policies and purchase and sale agreements.
- Work closely with the General Counsel providing legal support to other areas of the business on key initiatives that involve KRP Properties’ real estate portfolio.
- Strategize with management team prior to client negotiations.
- Represent the company’s interests and interface directly with negotiating teams.
- This opportunity has growth potential to evolve to include corporate and employment matters as well as overall corporate financing and to be involved in all aspects of the business.
- JD or LLB in good standing with the Law Society of Ontario (LSO)
- Strong interest and passion in the commercial real estate industry
- Minimum of 5 – 7 years post-call pertinent experience gained in a law firm and/or in-house related experience
- Prior Commercial Lease negotiation and Commercial Real Estate industry experience
- Current knowledge and experience with construction law and related contracts
- Proficient with relevant computer skills, particularly with MS Office. Demonstrated leadership in a professional setting coupled with sound business judgement
- Demonstrated teamwork and collaboration in a professional setting
- Excellent customer service, interpersonal and communication skills
- Bilingualism written and spoken would be considered an asset.
As part of the Property Management & Operations Team, In-House Security will report directly to the Security & Asset Protection Manager. You will contribute to protecting the assets, properties, employees and tenants of KRP Properties.
Related duties include but are not limited to:
- Mobile patrol of properties to preserve the protection of KRP Properties assets
- Building and maintaining positive relationships with tenants, contractors, visitors, patrons, and employees
- Act as a member of the Emergency Response Team, responding in cases of fire, flood, accident/incident, safety concerns and calls for medical assistance
- Correct and report any fire hazards or health and safety hazards
- Report and investigate occurrences of accidents/incidence, complaints, criminal activity, and crisis situations
- Respond to all emergency situations and provide First Aid and C.P.R. as required
- Monitor parking areas associated with KRP Properties.
- Answer alarms and investigate disturbances.
- Conduct tenant key control, audits, and maintain key control records
- Maintain computer records of all actions in a Daily Activity Report
- Liaise with emergency first responders as required.
- Liaise with KRP Properties Building Operators and Construction team to ensure optimal effectiveness and efficiency throughout our property.
As a fulltime employee with KRP Properties we offer employees a wide range of company perks, a comprehensive benefit plan and attractive compensation packages. We also encourage our employees to participate in personal and professional growth opportunities.
- Ideal candidate will have minimum two years of previous property and/or real estate security experience.
- College diploma – preferably Law and/or Security/Police Foundations diploma or degree.
- Must be bondable.
- Must have a current valid driver’s license with a clear driving record.
- Must be available to work flexible work hours to accommodate working a variety of shifts as required (including overnight).
- Ability to work successfully interdependently and work cohesively as part of a team
- A self-starter that possesses excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Effective organizational and administrative skills for appropriate reporting.
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
- Highly responsible & reliable
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment
The Building Operator will report to the Technical Operations Supervisor/Manager and will be responsible for the maintenance and day-to-day operations of a designated commercial real estate property or property portfolio.
- Liaise with Tenant contacts on a regular basis to establish and maintain a healthy working relationship;
- Respond to and complete, in a timely manner, all Tenant service requests;
- Responsible for the appearance of the property and safety and convenience of the tenants and clientele at all times;
- Responsible for the efficient, effective and successful control of equipment maintenance, building structures and property in accordance with approved practices, procedures, methods and financials;
- Liaise with contractors, assist in providing supervision of all trades servicing the building equipment/systems;
- Complete property inspections in accordance with the inspection frequency schedules;
- Maintain all appropriate logs and manuals as required;
- Conduct daily inspections of buildings, make recommendations and implement improvements in consultation with the Property Manager and Technical Operations Supervisor, of operational tasks and repairs that are required to the property;
- Collaborate to implement a pro-active preventative maintenance program for building equipment/systems to ensure that all systems are properly maintained, serviced in a pro-active manner and remain energy efficient;
- Coordinate the services when required of contractors to complete repairs and maintenance, including but not limited to HVAC systems, electrical, mechanical, lighting, plumbing, etc.;
- Familiar with various BAS systems, Angus Anywhere, and ability to review blueprints/drawing is considered an asset;
- Provide after-hours coverage of designated properties on a rotational basis with other building operators.
- Adhere to all Health and Safety policies and procedures while performing job duties.
- High School Diploma/College Degree preferred;
- Ideally a minimum of 3 to 5 years of related working experience;
- Possess a mechanical/technical aptitude with ability to use a variety of hand and electric tools;
- Ability to troubleshoot, multi-task, work under pressure and achieve quality results;
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills with the ability to work in a team environment, or independently with minimal supervision;
- Industry related designation(s) in BES and/or BOMI SMT/SMA preferred; and
- Valid Class G driver’s license;
- A Criminal Record Check will be a requirement of employment.