It starts with an exceptional team of dedicated professionals, our unique tagline to offer “more than just space” and our undoubtable “human approach” to what we do… Team KRP is growing!
Kanata North is an established hub for Ottawa’s high-tech community. This is where great talent works, lives and plays. Unlike many commercial real estate enterprises, we offer a range of career paths. Whether your skills revolve around leasing, construction and development, or property management, we may have the right opportunity for you.
KRP Properties offers employees a wide range of company perks, a comprehensive benefit plan and attractive compensation packages. We also encourage our employees to participate in personal and professional growth opportunities. Want to learn more about it? Check out our EMPLOYEE GUIDE.
If you want to be a part of Team KRP, and there is a current opportunity that matches your skills, send us your resume and tell us why. Interested applicants may apply by email of your resume to email@example.com. Thank you to all those that apply, Human Resources will be in touch should your skills be a match.
KRP Properties is an equal employment employer and invites all candidates to apply and to self-identify the need for accommodation throughout the recruitment process. If you require this job posting in an accessible version please contact Human Resources firstname.lastname@example.org.
Director of Finance
KRP Properties has an exciting opportunity for an ambitious professional to lead our finance team and be a strong contributor to our Senior Leadership Team as Director of Finance. The Director of Finance will report to the President and will be responsible to lead the Finance Team in providing financial oversight, management, and managerial expertise for a commercial real estate office portfolio in excess of 30 buildings and 3 million sq.ft. The Director of Finance, performing duties as our corporate controller will actively participate with a hands-on approach ensuring financial policy and procedures are in place and maintained so that all financial statements and reporting are in accordance with generally accepted accounting practices while following KRP’s internal control policies and procedures. The Director of Finance will be responsible for management and leadership of the finance department currently consisting of a team of 6 accounting professionals ensuring the maintenance of collaborative working relationships within KRP as well as with our external partners.
Oversee the management and accounting of the company’s financials including but not limited to:
- Ensuring all accounting records related to all properties are kept up to date within guidelines established by generally accepted accounting principles and by KRP Properties.
- Preparation and updating of annual budgets on a building by building, administrative, and consolidated basis.
- Preparation and monthly update of 18 month rolling cash flow.
- Daily monitoring of cash flows as well as bank reconciliation and provide reporting to senior executives as required or requested.
- Oversee the preparation and roll up of annual capital budgets including recommendation for balance sheet vs off balance sheet strategies.
- Research and implement financing for capital items, leasehold improvements, and mortgages.
- Preparation and reporting of monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements, including income statements (on a building-by-building and consolidated basis).
- Oversee and finalize year end reconciliations for accuracy of rental income for all tenants based on tenant lease business terms.
- Review initial rent letters and subsequent renewal or updated versions prior to being sent to clients.
- Prepare regulatory, tax, and other financial filings.
- Processing of by-weekly payroll.
- Participate in and ensure financial information is available for annual external Audit.
- Manage overhead costs such as payroll, employee benefits, utilities, property taxes and insurance premiums working collaboratively with the department leads.
- Review financial business terms and calculations for all commercial leases.
- Prime resource for all departments within KRP Properties to provide financial related support as well as recommendations to accounting procedures through process improvement and the use of technology.
- Effectively collaborate interdepartmentally to provide KRP clients with the highest level of customer service possible.
- Active Kanata Research Park Family Center Board Member meeting periodically to review business activity and financials.
Oversee and actively manage the company’s accounting department including but not limited to:
- Recruit, select, train, assign, schedule, coach, counsel, and discipline employees
- Mentor employees in the areas of best accounting practices, customer service, and interpersonal team behaviors.
- Set employee and departmental goals and expectations with individual employees, hold regular departmental meetings, and continuously strive for success through annual performance reviews and regular one on one touch points.
- Motivate and build a culture of flexible productivity.
- Provide mentoring and support to the accounting team in communications with tenants to offer constructive, customer focused solutions.
Actively participate with the Senior Leadership Team to:
- Prepare strategic plans and implement strategic goals and initiatives.
- Contribute financial information and recommendations to support strategic plans and reviews; prepare and complete action plans; implement production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; resolve problems with innovative solutions; complete audits; identify trends.
- Participate in ad hoc requests for special accounting transactions and projects.
- Continuously strive to live by the KRP Values and Mission while promoting our Brand.
Qualifications and Attributes
- University degree in a Business, Finance or Accounting related discipline;
- Professional accounting designation (CPA, CGA, CMA) or equivalent work experience;
- Must have 10+ years of experience in a senior financial management position;
- Extensive knowledge of accounting practices and procedures, financial principles and concepts;
- Knowledge of retail and commercial property leasing accounting principles are imperative;
- Ability to take a broad perspective and to think laterally; analyzing financial risks, which incorporates being proactive, assessing the potential cost of a risk and solving any problems associated with it; negotiating; communicating; and team building;
- Strong planning, organizing and communication skills and demonstrated ability to work collaboratively in a team environment with clients, vendors and KRP team members;
- Strong knowledge of employment compensation packages and employee onboarding procedures;
- ADP Workforce Now knowledge is an asset;
- Creates and maintains a culture and environment that is open and respectful;
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft 365, Adobe suite of software and Yardi;
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment;
- Self-motivated, creative and innovative;
- Maintain safe and healthy work environment following and enforcing the KRP Safety Policy program and procedures;
- Criminal reference check required.
How to Apply
Thank you for your interest in this opportunity. Applicants may apply by email of your resume and cover letter to email@example.com and we will be in touch with qualified applicants to coordinate an interview.
KRP Properties is committed to the principles of equality, diversity and inclusion in the legal profession and fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace. We welcome and encourage applications from diverse candidates, including people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. If you require this job posting in an accessible version, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org