It starts with an exceptional team of dedicated professionals, our unique tagline to offer “more than just space” and our undoubtable “human approach” to what we do… Team KRP is growing!
Kanata North is an established hub for Ottawa’s high-tech community. This is where great talent works, lives and plays. Unlike many commercial real estate enterprises, we offer a range of career paths. Whether your skills revolve around leasing, construction and development, or property management, we may have the right opportunity for you.
KRP Properties offers employees a wide range of company perks, a comprehensive benefit plan and attractive compensation packages. We also encourage our employees to participate in personal and professional growth opportunities. Want to learn more about it? Check out our EMPLOYEE GUIDE.
If you want to be a part of Team KRP, and there is a current opportunity that matches your skills, send us your resume and tell us why. Interested applicants may apply by email of your resume to email@example.com. Thank you to all those that apply, Human Resources will be in touch should your skills be a match.
KRP Properties is an equal employment employer and invites all candidates to apply and to self-identify the need for accommodation throughout the recruitment process. If you require this job posting in an accessible version please contact Human Resources firstname.lastname@example.org.
In-House Security Officer
This is an exciting opportunity for a dedicated and reliable individual seeking to join a team of In-House Security professionals as a member of the KRP Properties team.
Our team operates 24/7/365 and strives to offer a work schedule that provides a good work/life balance. Our compensation packages are competitive for the unique skill set of our team and we encourage our employees to participate in various development opportunities while striving towards professional goals.
As a full time employee with KRP Properties we offer employees a wide range of company perks, immediate enrollment in our comprehensive benefit plan, as well as immediate eligibility to participate in the company sponsored RRSP plan.
Related duties include but are not limited to:
As a Security Officer, reporting to the Security and Emergency Services Manager, you will contribute to protecting the assets, properties, employees and tenants of KRP Properties. Related duties include, but are not limited to:
- Building and maintaining positive relationships with tenants, contractors, visitors, patrons, and employees;
- Monitor CCTV systems, alarm systems and building management system and respond as require;
- Mobile patrol of properties to preserve the protection of KRP Properties assets
- Report and investigate occurrences of accidents/incidence, complaints, criminal activity, and crisis situations
- Act as a member of the Emergency Response Team, responding in cases of fire, flood, accident/incident, safety concerns and calls for medical assistance
- Respond to all after-hours building operations calls
- Correct and report any fire hazards or health and safety hazards
- Provide project management support
- Respond to all emergency situations and provide First Aid and C.P.R. as required
- Monitor parking areas associated with KRP Properties
- Answer alarms and investigate disturbances as reported through internal security systems and offsite 3rd party monitoring systems
- Conduct tenant key control, audits, and maintain key control records
- Liaise with KRP Properties Building Operators, Construction and Property Management team to ensure optimal effectiveness and efficiency throughout our properties
- Effective organizational and administrative skills for appropriate reporting
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
- 1-2 years security-related experience
- Facilities operations experience
- Secondary School (Required)
- Security Officer License (Required)
- Driver’s License (Required)
- English (Required) which French and/or other languages would be considered an asset.