KRP Introduces EV Charging Stations
KRP Properties introduces new EV charging stations across the parks
We’re happy to announce that KRP Properties now offers easier access to charging for electric vehicle (EV) drivers so that you can plug in and power up. As part of our commitment to sustainability and your health, we’re excited to partner with ChargePoint on this project.
Having successfully implemented the use of six ChargePoint charging stations last year, we’ve chosen to expand their network throughout the Kanata Research Park and the Kanata North Technology Park. ChargePoint is the world’s largest network of independently-owned and operated EV charging stations with over 25,000 charging stations worldwide, providing drivers access to charge on the go.
How do you Sign Up?
Locations: There will be a total of 29 chargers in the Parks! With one at almost every KRP building, you’ll be sure to find one nearby.
Parking: Parking spaces are for EV charging only. Once your vehicle is charged, you’ll get a notification so that you can move your car, allowing another to charge up.
How to start a charging session:
- Sign up to get a free card. If you aren’t a member yet, sign up.
- Activate your card. When your card arrives by mail, just log in, go to My Account, and follow the instructions under Set Up ChargePoint card. You can also get more help with ChargePoint cards here.
- Download the mobile app to start charging now. You can get the mobile app here.
- Find the station nearest you. Just use your ChargePoint mobile app when you’re on the go or view our online map here.
- Charging your electric vehicle. Found a charging spot? Great. Tap your ChargePoint card over the reader symbol, press the handle button to remove the charging connector, and simply plug in. After you’re done, tap your card to end the session, then unplug the connector and return it to the station. You can also sign up and start a session all from the ChargePoint mobile app.
- Questions? Watch the Charging On the Go video.
Join the Chargepoint Network
- Find and start charging on ChargePoint’s 25,000+ charging spots
- See real-time station availability on the ChargePoint app and website
- Get status notifications during your charging session
- Track your gasoline savings and green footprint
- Review your charging sessions and manage payments
If you have any issues charging at a station just call the toll-free number on the station and a ChargePoint support professional will help you immediately. ChargePoint support is available 24×7.
Make Your Mark
Make your mark and make Ottawa’s air a little cleaner by moving to electric or hybrid vehicle options. We pride ourselves in you, our tenants, and we want to encourage you to be leaders in sustainability along side us. Feel free to reach out to your Property Manager or ChargePoint directly if you have any questions.